409 pages - 32 images of Betty through the years and her art
Betty's memoir is the story of one woman's struggle to liberate female sexuality while enjoying her own. In the 70's as the feminist movement evolved focusing on various platform issues, equal pay, voter registration, Betty latched on to sexual liberation as a symbol for self empowerment. Realizing that so many women weren't enjoying sex she asked, "how could women ever be truly equal if they were reliant on men for their sexual satisfaction." She quickly became the leader of the sex positive feminist movement and the rest is history.
The memoir chronicles her 40-year career as a feminist including:
· Her career as a fine artist mounting the first one-woman show of erotic art in 1968.
· Her experiences with group sex during the Sexual Revolution.
· Her historic vulva slide show that premiered at NOW's 1973 Sexuality Conference.
· Her Bodysex workshops- teaching 1,000s of women to take charge of their own orgasms for 25 years.
· Her introduction of the electric vibrator in 1973 to the American woman as a pleasure device.
♥ ♥ ♥
Listen to: Betty Dodson, Bareback Orgies & Independent Orgasms
Read an excerpt from the book: Sister Teacher: The Birth of the Bodysex Groups
Read VirginMonoblogger's review: "I Felt F*cked by that Book"