Betty's Acid Trip

Tue, 02/04/2014 - 10:06

Betty painted this canvas after a bad acid trip where her lover became a skeleton.

We were looking at the canvases in storage and I was captivated by this piece.  The blues are spectacular.

Editor in Chief & Keeper of All Things Betty Dodson

Another one I love is the

Tue, 02/04/2014 - 13:51
Elin A (not verified)

Another one I love is the mother with two children in blue. Pleeeeaaase scan it so I can buy it!!
I've been asking for like two years and I'll keep asking...

Makes me glad . . .

Tue, 02/04/2014 - 18:51
Patrick_R

The blue works are intriguing, but I'll admit that this one makes me glad I never dropped acid.

bad acid

Sun, 02/09/2014 - 10:29
Tobysgirl

That's bad acid, Patrick. It had something else in it, which is why one is VERY careful from whom one buys acid! I never ever had a bad trip but then I was so fussy about my supplier.

Good trips and bad trips

Sun, 02/09/2014 - 17:34
Patrick_R

LSD always worried me because it seemed so unpredictable whether one got a good or bad trip.  I knew people who did whatever drug was on hand, no matter what it was or who supplied it. That always had a bad outcome, needless to say. I was young during this era and I think I'd seen one too many 'Alfred Hitchcock' and 'Twilight Zone' shows to want to court any kind of horrifying experience, which bad trips could certainly be.

whatever drug was at hand

Tue, 02/11/2014 - 13:57
Tobysgirl

Yes, of course, there are people who will put anything up their nose, down their throat, into their veins. But it was not at all unpredictable whether one would have a bad or good trip. My husband took acid laced with speed, so he ended up having weird trips when he did so. But if one was careful, one could pretty much guarantee a good trip. Adelle Davis used LSD and told readers which supplements would end a trip (I think it's niacinamide and Vitamin C).