The Variation of Clitoral Hoods

Mon, 05/13/2013 - 16:20

This graphic charting the variation of clitoral hoods was posted on a tumblr blog Uncutting - it was created by a 22 year-old guy who's currently restoring his foreskin and opposed to infant circumcision.  He wondered whether clitoral hoods followed the same range in "coverage" as the Foreskin Coverage Index.  They did.

I never thought of the clitoral hood as being the vulva equivalent of the foreskin.  In our last bodysex workhsop during genital show & tell, one of the women had a very large and beautiful clitoral hood.  It was the largest hood I've ever seen.  I swear I could look at genitals all day.

Note that the fourth pic from the top is of a woman who was the victim of FGM. They took her clitoral hood but left her clitoris and labia (thank god). Betty and I worked with a FGM survivor and they'd also cut her clitoral hood but left her clitoris intact. There are several types of FGM but we wonder how many women who think they've been mutilated actually have clitorises.

Thank you, Genevra, for the link.

Sex, Politics & More Sex

That's really good

Mon, 05/13/2013 - 19:14

and just look at the range of colours too

clitoral equivalent

Tue, 05/14/2013 - 15:08

At the acroposthion website, the author suggests that the foreskin is the equivalent of the clitoris itself, not just the clitoral hood.

Prompted by CI for women

Thu, 05/23/2013 - 13:51

If a woman cannot retract her hood and expose the glans clitoris, she is still normal and can orgasm freely. But if she can move her hood up and down, covering and uncovering her glans, then she knows what intact men feel. Is this why so many women have become passionate opponents of male circumcision?
Closeups of the clitoris strike me as a 21st century thing made possible by the internet. Anybody with broadband at home can see tens of thousands of vulvas, starting with tumblr, in
privacy and without paying. This internet explicitness reveals that a few women have large and powerful clitorises that become erect in the male way. This clearly reveals that both men and women experience sexualdesire in similar ways.
The hood is most definitely the female analogue of the male foreskin. But there is another female part that plays a role similar to the foreskin: the labia minora. Like the foreskin, these cuddle the place where they pee and have sex. They are very sensitive during foreplay. They trap and spread natural lubrication. They move during intercourse. Women with ample labia are taking more and more pride in them, just as men are growing prouder of having foreskins. When I was a young man, no publication this side of the law would reveal the labia, but so many women have spread their legs with pride and satisfaction that they are now softcore. By the end of this century, many women will swim and enjoy the sun in the nude, indifferent to the fact that their vulvas are not concealed.

I love your post. I agree

Thu, 07/11/2013 - 15:51
L.F. (not verified)

I love your post. I agree that by the end of the century nudity will no longer be illegal.

CI-6

Fri, 02/28/2014 - 10:00

I defenlty am CI-6. I have a thick long hood. While receiving oral, he does pull it back and exposes my clit. Then rubs it,then will go down on me and suck and lick me hard. I love it. He says that his formor wife did not. Guess I am blessed that it is wonderful.